Friday, February 18, 2011

The laser goes "pew pew pew"

A couple days ago, I stopped into Target to pick up a carton of half and half. Since that was all I needed, I was walking at a pretty good clip around the store. After I picked up the carton, I headed back toward the check lanes. As I approached, I was stymied in my effort by a woman and her son walking in front of me. The little boy, who couldn't have been any older than 4 or 5, was carrying a Star Wars laser gun toy in front of him and saying, "This laser shoots the bad guys and it goes 'pew pew pew'! And then I zap!" I stepped to his side as I tried to pass and said, "I'd better watch out, I don't want to get hit with a laser!" I got a few feet in front of him, only to hear the little boy turn to his mom and remark worriedly, "But it's not a real laser!!"

No comments: