Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hooray for clowns

I was just looking through the list of contests ending soon at PRIZEY.net and I found a contest from Forays of a Finance Foodie where the prize is a McDonald's Arch Card (whatever happened to the McDonald's dollars that grandma used to send in lieu of an actual Christmas present each year?).

She's got her fitness regimen listed for her to lose her 10 holiday lbs. I do harder cardio and lift more weight, yet I'm still considerably heavier (granted, I am 4 inches taller, but still... and by "considerably", I mean 8 lbs.). It seems like the only way I can lose weight is to have a Ron White situation (i.e, "Ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?").

Last night, we went to the YMCA and I did the following:

  • 35 minutes on the elliptical, level 5
  • Biceps curls: 2 sets of 12 reps with 15-lb. weights; then 1 set of 7 reps with 20 lbs.
  • Triceps pushdowns: 3 sets of 12 reps at weight plate #6 (~20-25 lbs.)
  • Pec deck: 3 sets of 10 reps at weight plate #5 (stupid machine doesn't have any conversions)
  • Overhead press: 3 sets of 10 reps with 15-lb. weights
  • Some kind of thigh-related maneuver I saw in a magazine (stand with back to a bench, place toes of back foot on bench, use front leg to squat till thigh is parallel to floor)
  • Curl-ups on exercise ball: 2 sets of 10 reps. I had to stop because two women were actually pointing at me and talking about what I was doing. Like I couldn't seen them! There's a mirror right in front of where I was doing the sit-ups.
  • Assorted stretches

I don't think my diet yesterday consisted of the best things, but only because my husband and I had an argument and he went to bed without dinner. So, I didn't make anything. I ended up eating an apple, a piece of string cheese, and a Toaster Strudel.

Anyway, back to the original topic at hand -- clown food. My husband and I refer to McDonald's food as "evil clown food" because he knows it's unhealthy and very bad for him, yet he desires it greatly. And Ronald McDonald is a creepster. When my husband goes for his yearly check-up next month, he wants to celebrate by going to McDonald's. He's planning on getting a rich and artery-clogging clown burger; I told him I was going to get a Fruit and Yogurt Parfait. He looked at me and said, "Well, that's not any fun." Says the guy who is the same height as me, weighs less than me, yet still complains about being fat. Just because I have the metabolism of a Neandertal....

Anyway, go check out the contest and try to win yourself some artery-clogging clown food! It ends today at 3 PM CST, so HURRY HURRY HURRY! :-P

No comments: