Friday, January 07, 2011

I feel old

I wrote my first blog post in 2001. My blog was called spongepaint onomatopoeia, after the result of a wordplay exercise in a creative writing class I was taking. I stopped blogging in 2005 when I realized that having a readership of one wasn't very fulfilling.

So, why am I starting again?

It would be easy to say, "Oh, I just need an outlet for my emotions" or something of that ilk. Truth is, I miss writing. It's been a long time since I've sat down and written anything other than a long, rambling e-mail.

And why "Coffee Level Critical!"?

I like the title. I wanted something short, relevant, and not too cutesy. I've noticed a lot of "mommy blogs" and the titles make me cringe. No offense, fellow bloggers. Maybe I'll "get it" when I'm older. I don't have any kids and plan to keep it that way for a while. Anyway, I like coffee, and the idea of my coffee level getting too low amused me.

Do I really think anyone is going to read this?

We'll see. I hope I'll someday have a readership of >1.

No comments: